Friday, April 24, 2009

Monday, February 23: Day two at Santa Rosa.

Today we did field projects.  Luke, Emy, Sarah H., Sam, Laura and I went to look at bats with Richard.  We went up to the attic of La Casona, which isn’t open to the public.  There were about 60 bats up there.  We sat there for 3 hours taking pictures of them roosting every 10 minutes.  We had to be really quiet.  I got up to go to the bathroom, and I saw the troop of white-face capucins.  They were crossing on the ground from tree to tree, and got really close to me!  One of them had a newborn baby, I wish I had my camera.  After lunch we got together to analyze the data and work on our posters.  We concluding that the bats had a random aggregation of individuals.  They gave us an ice cream break during our poster making, which is much needed since it’s so hot out everyday.  When we got back to camp I learned our tent blew away.  Yes, it was staked down, but it’s just that windy.  Stefa and Sarah got it staked back down though.  Our stuff was a mess.  Our bags are so heavy its crazy how that thing blew away.  After dinner all the groups presented our posters.  Anjali let all hell break lose, I’m pretty sure everyone hates her now, they’re all really mad.  She’s brutal, but her critiques are valid.  It’s not like she’s ripping us apart for no reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment